Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Devil’s Triangle Rally


It was a small but friendly crowd at Grey Wolf Campground’s Devil’s Triangle Motorcycle Rally [Oct 24-25]. I rode up Saturday, and as soon as I rode through the gate some bikers invited me to share their camp fire and their food. There were vendors selling leathers, jewelry, and food, with some great bargains to be found. Tickets for door prizes well also given out with the cost of admission; a mere $20.

Entertainment was provided by a group who brought a karaoke machine. They gave some great performances, and later in the evening it was open mike. I left shortly after dark and sadly did not get a chance to perform.

On Sunday morning I returned. Some folks had pulled out during the night, and others early in the morning, so it was an even smaller crowd. About 10:00am I announced that I would be doing Bike Blessings, and what do you know, I had 100% turn out. What a thrill! Odie even brought his four-wheeler to be blessed.

If you’ve not been to Grey Wolf yet, I highly recommend it. It’s an absolutely beautiful part of God’s creation, and the roads are a challenge for even the bravest “Dragon Slayers.” Odie holds a rally in the spring, summer, and fall each year. I plan to be there for each one next year, Lord willing, and I hope to see you there.

Log on to http://www.greywolfcampground.net/ for more information. Odie told me that the site would be down for a while as he de-designs it, but I’m sure it will be up again soon. You can also visit Odie on My Space at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=183882629

2 comments:

Bill Reinicke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill Reinicke said...

It seems the mike is a rare commodity when people get to singing. The play list gets longer and sometimes it seems like you get pushed to the bottom. Sounds like a great time.

Bill Reinicke
Albuquerque N.M.
http://www.fat2flat.ws